Popular Posts

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Whitten Propety: DIY Light Fixture Makeover

At the beginning of the Whitten renovation when we demoed the house and removed things for remodeling and upgrading I decided to upgrade this little bathroom light fixture.  I thought it would be way cheaper than buying a new one and less wasteful than just throwing this one out because I didn't like it's current looks....Here's how the project went.

I removed the light fixture from the bathroom and took it to my garage.  After buying the spray paint and new modern style globes from Lowe's it was time to make it happen.  


I painted the fixture and installed the new globes and WALL-LA! It looks so much better.  I don't have a picture of it reinstalled in the bathroom but it looks awesome and matches the rest of the house now.  Although I did reuse the old it wasn't cheaper than buying new.  The globes were $10 a piece and I needed 4 of them so I had $40 in just the new glass plus the spray paint but of course I didn't use it all.  I still would go this route though to keep from throwing something good out!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN