Popular Posts

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Date Night Away

A couple weekends ago I was going into my Saturday and Sunday with a huge meeting weighing on me.  I mentioned to Hendrik Friday night that if my meeting on Saturday morning went well and we were plan and duty free for the weekend if he wanted to skip off to Dallas late Saturday afternoon.  The new Fifty Shades movie had hit theaters and we could go to a fancy big city movie theater and grab an artsy hotel for the night before heading home Sunday.  I made the stipulation that I ONLY wanted to go if my meeting went in my favor because otherwise I just wouldn't be able to enjoy myself.

To my huge relief and to my sanity my meeting went AMAZING and as soon as I got in my car I called Hendrik to give him the news and confirm that he still wanted to head to Dallas that evening.  I was planning on leaving around 6 and that would give us plenty of time to get to a hotel and a late show of the steamy new movie.

Hendrik's work schedule was really slow on Saturday due to weather so he was home early and we were able to head out around 4:30.  I found us an awesome room at the Lorenzo, a really modern artsy hotel in downtown Dallas.  I had driven by this hotel many times and couldn't wait to see it.  We got all checked in and up to our room by 6:45 pm.  I took some pictures and booked us an Uber to the movie theater.




this was on the ceiling
We headed downstairs to wait on our Uber...this was my first time using Uber and it worked out perfectly.  I panicked a bit in the beginning trying to figure out the app as neither of us had ever used it.
Hanging out in the lobby.


This entire weekend was full of firsts...our first time staying at the Lorenzo, our first time using Uber, and also our first time seeing a movie at a Studio Movie Grill.  



The drinks were really tasty but the food was bland.  I could see the allure if we lived around Studio Movie Grills and we really wanted to see a movie but were short on time.  Seeing we don't live near any we would actually have to make plans to visit one and I wouldn't do it again....I don't think.  It maybe fun for a girls night but I think I would rather eat and enjoy conversation at a regular restaurant and see a movie at a normal theater.  I didn't find it was disruptive just not great food.  


As far as the movie its self...omg it was perfect.  It makes me want to re-read the books for the THIRD time.  After the movie we Ubered our way back to the hotel and crashed.  

Sunday morning we woke up from a not so great sleep.  Our hotel room was super hot and we both tossed and turned a lot trying to get comfortable.  We had a birthday party Sunday afternoon early so we were packed up and sitting at a cozy table at Jonathan's in the Oak Cliff neighborhood in Dallas.  I found this place online and OMG...it was perfect.  It was packed, only allowed you a party no larger than 4 due to space, and the food looked amazing.



Hendrik got the peppered biscuit and chicken with breakfast potatoes.  


I got the all in one waffle which is a waffle loaded down with gravy, sausage, eggs, green chilies and hot sauce and probably more stuff I just can't remember.  I would definitely go back and try other items on this menu!


It was quirky, quaint, hipster, and a little Sunday morning adventure that topped off our night out on the town.  After our breakfast we headed home and just in time as the weather was getting pretty bad in Dallas and we would have been stranded there most of the day otherwise.  I'm so glad we acted spontaneous and enjoyed a night out trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN