Popular Posts

Friday, March 30, 2018

Book Review: Everything I Never Told You



I had heard all about Everything I Never Told You from the blogger and Instagram world so thought I'd give it a go.  I don't usually read these sort of books and I felt let down by the book.  I guess if you like that sort of family analysis in a book you would like it but I found that the entire book lacked a lot of intrigue especially seeing the ending was just sort of faded out and there was never a big punch line.  Overall it was very boring to me.  Each character is shown from their point of view and you can definitely understand the story line I just like a lot more action.  I don't think I will be reading any more of Celeste Ng's books...as I have read the synopsis of her other book, Little Fires Everywhere, and it isn't intriguing to me either.  I am glad that I ventured out and tried another "genre" of book and the writing is really good so the author is definitely talented just not my taste.  



So begins this exquisite novel about a Chinese American family living in 1970s small-town Ohio. Lydia is the favorite child of Marilyn and James Lee, and her parents are determined that she will fulfill the dreams they were unable to pursue. But when Lydia’s body is found in the local lake, the delicate balancing act that has been keeping the Lee family together is destroyed, tumbling them into chaos. 

A profoundly moving story of family, secrets, and longing, Everything I Never Told You is both a gripping page-turner and a sensitive family portrait, uncovering the ways in which mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, and husbands and wives struggle, all their lives, to understand one another.



Currently reading the third novel in the Tracy Crosswhite series, In the Clearing by Robert Dugoni!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN