Popular Posts

Thursday, December 27, 2018

I Took My Mom On Vacation...Here's What I Learned


Some people wouldn't dare to spend two solid weeks with their parent on a trip overseas but I didn't think twice about it.  My Mom is one if my best friends and I never fear us getting along or having conflict.  I mean if we do we get over it but it wasn't about to stop me from making one of her dreams come true of seeing Paris and then extending our trip into a tour of Italy.  I was excited for it to be my turn to teach her after a lifetime of lessons she has taught me!

Even though we spend a lot of time together we haven't slept in same room and shared space in close to 15 years and I really noticed things like wow we are really alike...



  • We pack the same, are both really organized, and have similar routines
  • We don't do well when tired and know when its time to rest...pretty much LOL
  • We aren't quitters.  I know we aren't quitters individually but the entire trip was packed full of activities and walking, and traveling from town to town and she never complained or quit.  Even though I know she really wanted to after walking literally miles and miles daily with jet lag and overwhelming culture she never cracked!!  Was so proud of her


I loved seeing her experience the difference in culture and helping her become more open minded.  Overall she is pretty set in her ways but she did good to try things that I threw at her.  

We LOVE onion soup!

Although we are very very similar we have some noticeable differences IE: her amount of makeup products and her conservative vs my pretty free spirit.  We don't judge each other and are accepting of our differences but we are sure to give each other a hard time about them LOL


I was sure to take her on activities she wouldn't have done herself like the burlesque show at Crazy Horse which is way more art than burlesque.  It took the 2 hour show and a cab ride back to the hotel for her to soak it all in and see that it wasn't a STRIP tease like she had been thinking and that it was a neat experience even though she would have never picked it herself. 

If you want to make amazing memories with your mother and a lifetime of laughs and stories then take her on a trip that is just you and see what you learn that you might not know!  Our trip over the summer is something that I will cherish forever.  I hope this isn't our only time to be able to make this happen.

If you missed our trip check it out HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN