Popular Posts

Monday, May 29, 2017

Backyard Beauty

Since graduating last May one of my main goals was to get my yard the way I wanted it by adding a pergola to the back, taking down the volleyball court, and adding flowers.  I finally got everything just the way I wanted it before our wedding and I love it.  It's simple but adds the right touches to enjoy our back yard.  There is a ton of room to grow it to be more but right now I'm satisfied with my few flowers and growing green grass.  Now if that Texas heat would come on so I can enjoy sunning myself on my Sunbrella loungers.  
finished back patio with pergola, picnic table and loungers
my pretty daisies keep blooming
picnic table from Wayfair adds the perfect touch and added seating by the grill

looking out into the yard from the back this used to be a volleyball court but early this year we took it out and made it part of the yard again so that's why our grass is scarce back here.  Posts and lights left over from our wedding reception that I plan on leaving up.  
view from yard looking towards house- hanging baskets have citronella plants to keep away mosquitoes 

back by large tree we have a fire pit and more chairs as well as my old picnic table that I really want to get rid of. 
chicken coop cleaned up nicely and I made a small bed in front of it with drought resistant flowers for the full sun and heat exposure it gets
one of our hens laying her eggs

next to the coop is the garden that I didn't do much with this year. I have cauliflower, kale, spinach and onions all begging to be harvested

I'm so glad that I can mark off the backyard redo off my list of things to do.  It has turned out to be a perfect place to enjoy Case playing, grilling for ourselves and friends, and just sitting and enjoying the end of our day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN