Popular Posts

Friday, June 1, 2012

1 Year

Today marks one year of Lincoln and I “officially” dating. It went like this….queue the time machine music…..We first met at Rachael’s wedding festivities (2010). I went back to Iraq and all that and then late March of 2011 rolled around and I’m home from Iraq for good and enjoying life. Hendrik and I went out for a quick bite at Daisy’s (the taco shack) before we headed to cut a rug at The Mule in Commerce. While there I ran into Lincoln and we just started texting that night. We continued to text and even hung out a few times until we got a feel for each other. Pretty soon we were hanging out 3-4 nights a week and I really liked him. It wasn’t complicated or forced; we just fell into a relationship that was great for the both of us. Memorial Day weekend of 2011 we hung out with our best friends Casey and Kaylynn at the lake. All weekend all our friends were asking us if we were together or what the deal was. I just threw all those questions in his direction. LOL June 1st Lincoln asked me “so are we together or what? I’m sick of everyone asking us” LOL I said well that is fine with me if that’s what you want. So it was done! 
Now a year later we are cohabiting nicely and enjoying each other’s company immensely. We are so different and being with Lincoln has helped me learn to be better at relationships and I have also learned to be patient. I love Lincoln and how our lives have become one that we share together. We get along great and in my eyes he brings out the best in me and even though he will NEVER admit it I know that our relationship has taught him a lot and I KNOW that I bring out the best of him. LOL I know that we have many more happy years of dating and maybe of even more than that ahead of us and I can’t wait to see what’s in store.

Yesterday afternoon I got a text from Lincoln and he wanted to know if I wanted to just eat out last night.  I thought it sounded like a great idea because I really didn't feel like cooking.  Nothing around Winnsboro sounded good so we headed to old faithful...the TACO SHACK.  We were enjoying our yummy food and my brother happened to show up too.  It was total coincidence and instead of getting his planned to-go meal Colby joined us and even snapped some pics of me and Linc afterwards.
the taco shack

where it all began


 I had a great weekend in Dallas planned with some fun stuff to do that we both enjoy but Lincoln got slotted for overtime work so instead we will just be doing our celebrating at home which is just fine and we can do a trip later on down the road. I didn’t go all out on big gifts like I usually do, mainly because I don’t have the funds, but I did get Lincoln a really cute gag gift. He is always surfing Craigslist for his wish list items like boats, campers, tractors, and all sorts of other man things so since I can’t get him a real boat I got him a toy boat that he can even put together. LOL I thought it was cute so I went with it. 
Lincoln is the best at guessing gifts and when he picked up the little wrapped box and shook it he was like oooh this sounds like a Lego boat!!! He had no clue that's what was really inside but what 24 year old would just say that...WEIRD
I love giving cards. I usually give Lincoln a really sweet one that has all my loving words inside and then a funny/cute one that is themed with his gift. Yesterday when I got his stuff I couldn’t decide just on a cute and then a sweet one so I ended up with 3.

I was totally surprised when I got home today because I had these beauties waiting for me and even had a handwritten note. 

I shed a few tears because I really didn't expect anything and Lincoln's gestures like this are always unexpected and because of this he is always keeping me on my toes. 


Happy 1 year together Babe! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN