Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wanted: Girl Trips

I have recently been told, read about, or accidently discovered a few places that would make great girl outings. I would love to do a lot of these things with Lincoln too but some have to do with wine and he drinks beer and then the others are just too artsy for his taste. LOL He wouldn’t enjoy it but I know some great gals that would have so much fun with me.

Girls Gone Wine
Rachael told me about this place in Oklahoma near Beavers Bend called Girls Gone Wine. I looked them up and agreed with Rachael, this would make a great girl trip. Not only is it a great place to sit, relax, and drink a little wine you can mix your own bottle and take it home. I’m going to put this one at the top of my list. Not only does it sound really fun and different it’s only an hour car ride from the house and before we hit up Girls Gone Wine we can take a small trip down the river in a canoe or kayak. The best of both worlds!

Los Pinos
On another wine note there is a winery in Pittsburgh that I have been to a few years back but I hear it has changed quite a bit and I would love to go back and have a fun evening catching up with the girls. We all are always telling each other we need to go to Los Pinos but never make it out. Piper, Rachael, and I actually did try to go one evening but we were unprepared and never even checked if they were open we just assumed they were so when we pulled up they were CLOSED. L I really have no excuse on this because it is only 20 miles from my house and all the girls are really close too.
http://lospinosranchvineyards.com/
Dale Chihuly at the Dallas Arboretum
I have no clue how I stumbled across this little treasure but I’m dying for it to be available so I can hop on over to Dallas and visit it. I might be able to talk Lincoln into this if I can make it worth his while. Beginning May 5th and going all the way through November 5th the Dallas Arboretum will be hosting an exhibit from the awesome glass artist Dale Chihuly. First off I’ve never been to the arboretum and that in its self would be nice to see but then add all these amazing glass sculptures and things to it and BANG…….. I don’t know what you have but it’s bound to be pretty dang cool. Me and Lincoln’s one year anniversary is coming up on June 1st and I may be able to get him to go see this with me and we can go to Top Golf after or the next day or something. Hey that way we both win!

Sayadream Studio
Last week on me and Kaylynn’s Winnsboro outing we discovered the neatest little place. I don’t know how long it’s been there but it’s beside the best cupcake place ever and we stopped in to see what it was all about. Sayadream Studio is an art studio featuring ceramics and a place where you can PAINT YOUR OWN CERAMIC! How fun does that sound. At first all I could think about was I have to bring Averie here she would have so much fun but I also would love to get a small group of ladies together and have an afternoon of painting. I’m not very creative but they have all the things you need to become creative right there. We went in to grab a business card and ask about pricing. I was expecting it to be expensive because when I think of crafty artsy things I think multiple dollar signs come into play but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very reasonable and maybe even cheap. The plain pottery is already made for you and you just pick whatever you want to paint. They have vases, cups, bowls, little wall hanging things, figurines, and lots more. The price is on the bottom of each piece and that is the total price for that project. I picked up a cereal bowl and the price was $18, which includes the bowl, painting, glazing, and firing. I thought it was awesome and can’t wait until I can take Averie and get some girls together for an adult run at it.
http://sayadreamstudio.com/Welcome.html

I would love to do these 4 things this summer!

1 comment:

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN