Popular Posts

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Guest Bedroom Remodel

Since the (almost) 2 years I've owned my new Winnsboro house and for the 1 year I've been permanently living here I've never really decorated my guest room.  It was painted a neutral tan and had some of my previous bedroom furniture in it that I really didn't want to get rid of.  In this situation we must adapt....so I had to find a good color pallet that would go with my existing furniture.  I initially wanted to do a grayish paint color with white and burlap accents.  All this held true except the burlap mainly because I couldn't find any right off the bat and I was impatient.  I had worked hard on the room for a weekend and I wanted the finished product so I decided to add burlap touches here and there later and for immediate fix I added in yellow accents. 
I love the way it turned out and once again my vision, Wal-Mart, and Lowe's didn't fail me. I guess I can't take all the credit because this color combo is the in thing right now along with chevrons which I LOVE!!! But hey there was no interior designer involved (except ME of course) ;)  SO maybe I will take all the credit. LOL  On another thing that I'm pretty darn proud of...I painted the entire room and taped it off all by myself in about 3 hours.  I also didn't half-ass it like my Mom figured I would and only had two little baby accidents with paint droplets on the carpet. :)  I am beyond thrilled with the way my room turned out and I can't wait for someone to stay in it.

Before




After



Final Touches






This is my material for my curtains....hopefully I will have them made soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN