Popular Posts

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spicing up Supper



I’ve been trying to broaden my supper menu and this week so far I think I have done a great job. I can’t keep from bragging about this meal, not because it’s so special and difficult to put together but because it is something new to me and is different from my day to day menu. Last night I made salmon patties or as Lincoln would call them salmon croquettes said in a really fancy almost proper British accent LOL J, black eyed peas, and …… mashed cauliflower. I heard about this in the kitchen at work a couple weeks back and have been itching to try it out. I have been trying to cook and eat healthier so I was really looking forward to this test run of something new and different. It turned out amazing and I can honestly say that I wouldn’t mind substituting mashed potatoes for mashed cauliflower every time. Don’t get me wrong I’m still very much a meat and potatoes type of girl but mashed potatoes could hit the road….but don’t hold your breath waiting on me to give up all other forms of potatoes. I made my cauliflower just like I would my potatoes…. Break into medium size florets, boil until fork tender, strain, and then mix with mixer using the same ingredients you would your potatoes. I also threw in a few cloves of garlic in my boiling pot to give it a bit of added flavor. I was so impressed and excited with my supper! It turned out better than I had hoped or even imagines cauliflower could. If you haven’t tried this give it a whirl I’m sure you will be as impressed as I was.
Pinned Image
not my picture...stole it from pintrest

Other stuff on the menu…. Salmon steaks, broccoli rice of roni and green beans! YUMMO

 And this weekend I plan on making some variation of beef stew!! I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN