Popular Posts

Sunday, February 5, 2012

DIY: Second Mantle

I had been wanting to add something to my living room that I could put more pictures on that didn't entail me hanging them all over my walls.  I thought of a great solution.  I love the way I have my fireplace mantel decorated so I thought hhhhmmmm I could hang a mantel above my TV on the big red wall and it would be the perfect and final addition to my decor. 

I was in Longview a couple weeks back and stopped by Lowes to see if they had what I was looking for.  Indeed they did.  I got a mantel and two decorative corbels.  A couple weeks after that I finally got around to painting it all and last weekend Lincoln hung it for me and minutes later I had it decorated. :) 

I love the way it turned out!  I love what it adds to my living room!  I feel like my living room is complete!
Corbels after painting them white

all pieces painted and ready to go


Before

In mid-update
Decorative jar I filled with leftover floral scraps

I love this little crown that I got from Hobby Lobby

Also got some really good frames and this little bird too

TADA all done and I love it


2 comments:

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN