Popular Posts

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekend Happenings

That should really read weekend nothings since that's about all I got done.  I got a few things done but the main thing which was GET AHEAD ON HOMEWORK...didn't happen. Not even a little bit. 

Saturday I got up early and cleaned house before Lara arrived for us to make a "quick" trip to Tyler.  I had to order my bridesmaid dress for Piper's wedding. 

After that trip we got home from Tyler and running a few other errands around 3.  The rest of the day was spent in the office making my recipe book, organizing this and that and just whatever it took to not do my homework. 

Today Kaylynn and I had planned to go fishing but it is so cold today so we scratched that. When I first got up and was in the kitchen making my coffee I checked on my plants and found little sprouts in several of my pots!!! I am so excited.  I couldn't wait for Lincoln to come home so I texted him right away and told him of our baby sprouts!
My pots last week when I planted my seeds last week

Tomato sprouts this morning!

I stayed most of the morning in the office and did this and that...more on my recipe book, made Lincoln's Valentines gift, and got my homework assignments organized for the week. 
I don't have a lot of original recipes of my own but I am compiling all the recipes that I love and use often into my own cookbook just for better organization and I am starting to gather a few of my own original recipes so this way I can have them all in one spot....MORE on my cookbook in a later post

I was in the middle of making myself brunch when I heard a yelp and bark all at once and I went to look out the laundry room window to find Herc running like a bat out of you know where around the house.  I went to the front of the house to watch what he was doing.  I thought he had been stung by something because he kept pawing at his mouth and shaking his head.  I see something silver hanging out of his mouth so I go out to see what he has been up to.  What I find sends me into a panic....A FISH HOOK IS IN HIS BOTTOM LIP!!! I tried getting it out but no luck.  It was a double ended hook so I went to get some pliers to cut the other hook out so it too wouldn't get stuck in his flesh somewhere.  I put him in his crate until Lincoln can get home tonight to take it out.  I have no idea where he got it from because none of the poles are tore up??? MYSTERY  I hope he heals ok :(
Poor thing

half of a hook and other evidence I gathered??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN