Popular Posts

Monday, June 16, 2014

Recipe: Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry

I have been on a cooking roll lately.  If you missed some of my latest recipes that I’ve posted check them out HERE!
 
Being out of school and having a lot less to worry about this summer has left time open for me to really meal plan and get some new and good recipes together.  Of course none of my recipes are extravagant by any means and they can all be made from start to finish in about an hour, this includes food prep and light cleaning as you go.  As I’ve grown older I have strayed from the typical meat and potato dishes to more meat and rice dishes.  We do still have potatoes at least once a week but growing up it was almost every night for the both of us.  It is really hard to come up with new recipes and not have that feeling of I have nothing to wear I mean nothing to cook LOL.  This isn’t any innovative recipe but I hadn’t ever made it before and was glad to think of something new for us.
 
Ingredients:
Strip steak
Rice
Broccoli
Garlic
Small bell pepper
Onion (I sub onion powder)
Pepper
Worcestershire sauce
Soy sauce
Olive oil







 
Instructions:
1.       In a large skillet pour a small amount of olive oil and heat on medium
2.       Once oil is hot sauté meat until lightly brown on each side
3.       Add in dice garlic, bell pepper, and cut broccoli
4.       Add in other spices and soy sauce to taste
5.       Pour in a generous amount of Worcestershire sauce
6.       Cover with lid and simmer, stirring occasionally until meat and broccoli is tender
7.       While the meat mixture is simmering boil water and cook rice
8.       Once meat mixture is done serve over rice and ENJOY
 
I love these one pot wonders so to speak because not only are they semi-healthy but they always make a ton of leftovers which = free lunch for days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN