Popular Posts

Sunday, June 29, 2014

DIY: 2 Home Projects

A few months ago while I was at Canton I picked up two cast iron antique handles.  My original plan was to make a rustic serving trey but then I came up with something more useful and better....bookends for my cookbooks.  I took my handles to the shop and had Luis bolt them to two bent pieces of steel strap. 
Voila. 
 
So easy if you have a drill press, blow torch, and strap. LOL  But all those things are just laying around Hendrik's shop and I love the industrial feel that they bring to the kitchen as well as how they tie into the industrial look of the living room furniture.  I took them home and spray painted them black that I had left over from another project.
 




The bookends cost a whopping $6 total and I love their functionality. 


During my last Canton haul, HERE  I got the fixings for a wreath for the front door.... I put it together in a hour or so after I painted my P.  I'm not a professional wreath maker but I do like it and it completed the look for my front porch.

 
 


 
These are just a couple of the DIY's I've completed over the past couple months.  The list goes on and on especially since I've been completing my décor in the house.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN