Popular Posts

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Listen Up Customers!

**Disclaimer** This is in no way to insult people who actually have a reason to not understand or are unable to be good customers like the old people but to all the lazy ignorant people***


Every day I deal with customers who are completely lost when it comes to banking. Yes, I work in the banking industry and it does get complicated but the things I’m talking about are so simple and things that EVERY ADULT should know. I mean come on people these are your FINANCES we are talking about!!!! I come into contact with complete idiots each and every day and they make me really wonder how they have managed in the adult world their entire lives and they don’t know how to locate their account number on their own check. I remember when I learned how to read a check, write a check, and balance a check book. Mrs. Byrd’s 3rd grade Math class. NaShae and I used to make Kleenex and Elmer glue blobs on the inside of our desk but we learned how to manage our checkbooks. I’m positive that to this day NaShae is a responsible customer at her local bank. I wish there were more NaShae and Megans in the world. If you are one of these irresponsible people please learn from this and get yourself together. Yeah I know you’re supposed to trust your banker but if you don’t know what you’re trusting them with what’s the point?

A few things that customers have said, haven’t said, do or don’t do that are VERY annoying when you encounter these things day after day! Or in other words the things that make us laugh and slap our heads and say ooofffff! J

  • Can you send me a check cashing slip? FYI- the check is sufficient in itself to cash…there are not such things as check cashing slips
  • I need to know the balance of my checkings account. FYI- it is CHECKING
  • If I say hello to you in the drive through and you say hello back and then send in an empty tube……then you make no sense because now I have to speak to you again and ask what you needed! LOGICAL people would greet me back and then say…do you mind sending me ___________?
  • When customers ask for their balance and commence to make a scene because it’s in the negative. Usually this is followed by an angry statement like “I JUST DON’T KNOW HOW THIS CAN HAPPEN” FYI- Because everyday you are at my window wanting to know your balance and every transaction that has came through…therefore telling me you don’t keep up or even try to keep up with your spending…SO customer this happens because you spend MORE than you have! I know rocket science right? It’s simple math.

  • Stealing pens and I’m talking all out making a distraction so you can swipe it off the counter.  FYI- I would gladly give it to you just ask or tell me hey I need a pen I’m going to take this one.

  • My all time pet peeve is when a totally capable person who knows how to fill out all their items correctly, who have even wrote their account number on the back come to me and throw it down and say I need to deposit this into XXXXX account. REALLY you have been standing your lazy ass at the island for like 10 minutes signing your checks…the island that has deposit slips and everything right in front of you and then you are rude and expect me to be your little banking slave! FYI- I’m somewhat of nice person but really that’s not the reason I put up with this type of behavior. I put up with it because I have to because that’s “good customer service” and because I would get fired from a really good job that I like if I told you do it yourself.

Long rant short… if you do any of these things then please be responsible and smartin’ yourself up. It not only makes you capable but it makes you look better in other people’s eyes and of course makes my job less aggravating. Banking from a customer’s point of view is easy and it’s your money why wouldn’t you want to know how to do it correctly???

Cubicle with only a computer and a phone and no customers….I dream of you daily! J

1 comment:

  1. Haha! This makes me laugh! I'm sure you are very appreciated for your work, even if it does get a little annoying! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN