Popular Posts

Monday, March 26, 2012

Date Night & Hunger Games


Lincoln and I don’t go on a lot of dates with just me and him. We hang out with friends a lot at our houses and we do a lot of fun things but we never make a plan and just go by ourselves to dinner and a movie or something. Mainly we don’t do this because we don’t really go out to eat a lot, we are always trying to save money, and Lincoln REALLY doesn’t like spending money on things like that. Anyways, I have read the Hunger Games trilogy and, like all of America, was so excited for the movie to finally hit theaters. I talked to Lincoln early last week and asked him if we could go on a date Friday and see that movie and have dinner just me and him. I knew he would probably say yes because we never do anything like that and I made sure to point out the movie was not a regular chick flick it was about killing and stuff and I was sure he would enjoy it. (not total torture for a man LOL) Like I thought, he agreed and after we got off work Friday we headed out on our DATE!

We enjoyed a high class meal at our local Chili’s where we ran into some friends. After our meal we had about an hour before the movie started but instead of wasting time we went ahead and headed that way. We purchased our tickets online because I didn’t want to not be able to get in. Matt & Heather were there and we decided to sit with them.

We got in line and it’s a good thing. I had originally planned on getting in line around 9 since the movie started at 9:30 but by 9 the line was really long. We got great seats and not long after the movie was starting.

IT WAS FANTASTIC! Worth every penny and minute we had to wait.

The only bad part is now we have to wait for the next part to come out. LOL Lincoln really enjoyed it too and I was happy about that. He even said last night that he’s ready to watch it again. He is one of those who watches movies he likes over and over because he likes to analyze.

Our night was great and I’m so glad that every once in a while we take the time and the money to do something that’s enjoyable and out of the ordinary for us.

YAY for date nights!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the movie! Thankfully though, I didn't have to drag my husband along. He actually wanted to go see it, and we both loved it! Glad you were able to see it too.

    Happy Hunger Games!
    xoxo
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN