Popular Posts

Monday, March 26, 2012

Early Bird Gets the Worm

My Sunday started around 8:30 am. We stayed at Casey and Kaylynn’s house Saturday night and I got up early so I wouldn’t sleep the day away. I actually planned on napping at home but that didn’t happen. I drank a few cups of coffee while I read blogs and planned for my day. I knew that my garden needed to be done pretty soon and I wanted to get a few things to finish up my décor in the guest bedroom so I ate an early lunch, got ready, and headed to Sulphur Springs. I went to Lowes first and bought a small tiller so I wouldn’t have to keep borrowing one and all my vegetables. The seeds I started back in February didn’t turn out as great as I had hoped. Out of all my little pots I only got one pot of tomatoes with about 5 little sprouts, 2 okra sprouts, and 2 squash sprouts. I planted those and I’m anxious to see if they make it. I bought almost 3 of everything that I intended on planting and good ole Lowes had everything I wanted. J I should really buy stock in that place. I got my plants and tiller in my truck (Corolla) and then was off to knock out my list at Wal-Mart. I got everything I needed there except a white comforter. L I really don’t want to order one so I’ll see what I can come up with but I’m set on white. I got some really cute material for my curtains and I can’t wait for the big reveal. Ok I got off topic…back to gardening. After my trip to town I got back home and unloaded my finds. The weather here was great and I really wanted to work in the yard so I hopped on the lawn mower and tackled that first. As soon as I finished up mowing my Mom showed up to help me plant all my yummy vegetables. She was a bit disappointed because we weren’t just going to plant we had to till, rake, hoe, make the rows, and THEN we could plant. She wasn’t prepared for all the work that she thought I had already accomplished, but we did all that and I broke in my new tiller. She left around 6 and I finished up with the planting, cleaning up, and watering around 7.

My little space is packed full of plants and I REALLY HOPE they will take off and give me lots of food in a couple months. As many plants as I have I’m going to have enough food for me and the entire surrounding area. I went a little overboard. ;) I will keep you posted on the progress. After I finished all my yard work I had the makings of a farmers tan, was worn out from the sun, and ate up with ants I went in the house to fix supper for me and Lincoln, do laundry, and prepare for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN