Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rachael's Bachelorette Party/Wedding

The main reason for me going home this past time was for one of my best and longest friends, Rachael's wedding. We have been friends since literally before we were in the womb LOL and ever since for sure. It was great sharing all the events of one of the most special days in some one's life. Both my weekends home were packed full of wedding activities.
Me and the bride before the ceremony. I didn't get any pictures after the ceremony but everything went great and the whole ordeal was so Brad and Rachael. Their reception that was held at the church reminded me something out of Alice in Wonderland. I loved it and it was all so creative and so her. After the church reception we headed out to The Red House and literally partied until dawn LOL. Rachael and Brad left early because they were tired and were heading out on their honeymoon early the next morning but we all stayed out and celebrated for them. It was so much fun and it also gave me a chance to catch up and spend some great quality time with my close friends.
Piper and I while we were getting ready.
The bachelorette party was the first weekend I was home in Fort Worth. I rode up with Rachael and we met all the other girls at our hotel. We had a fun packed weekend and enjoyed it so much. We even made a pact that now we have to all save our money and each year do something similar. The first night we went out to diner at a Mexican food restaurant down the block and then headed back to the hotel for Rachael's lingerie shower. She got some of the most adorable outfits and we had a lot of fun. The next day we went to the mall and shopped around. Rachael found her going away dress for after the wedding and somewhere throughout the day we all decided to dress up 80s style and go out that night. After we had hit every store in the mall we went to the nearest Goodwill and searched for the perfect outfits. That night after many cans of hair spray and I think a whole compact of eye shadow we went to eat sushi. After sushi we went to a club that was really 4 clubs in one. We stayed the majority of the night in the karaoke bar and had the best time.
This is all of us girls singing the legendary Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" and as you can see Rachael is really into it. Ashley got down up front and played her air guitar solo which sadly I didn't get any pictures of. I am up there too so I had a girl from another table take pictures of us. Later on Rachael sang a couple other songs and we sang from our table along with everyone.
Piper and I all 80s out! It took a lot of talking to get Piper to get her hair and makeup done and I think it took bringing out the guilt to make it happen but I know she enjoyed it.
Rae, me, and Autumn at the sushi restaurant. A lot of the girls had never ate sushi before but it was a really great restaurant and had many choices for even the amateurs. I think they all really liked their dishes. I took pictures of everyone in their outfits and I will look back on these pictures for a long time and laugh. We looked awesome. Thanks to Ashley who did every one's hair and Rae did most of every one's dramatic makeup.
Ashley- you can't see her eye but she has a star framing it in all different colors.
Piper- she rocked the 80s school teacher look LOL
Me- I actually loved my outfit but I am living in the wrong decade I would love to be my age right now in like 1984. It would be crazy. I had really big hair going on if you can't see I have not only one hump on the top of my head but TWO.
Blair- her inspiration was the album cover of....I can't remember who? But everyone who saw her knew right off and said she hit the nail on the head.
Autumn- by far the best one in my opinion. I mean she looks like she walked right off the set of Dallas. I couldn't help but to laugh at her. I'm so glad she is grown up and we are close with her because I can remember the days when she was just the annoying little sister who wouldn't leave us alone. ;)
Christy- she looked just like teen witch and the really great thing she got her dress at a store in the mall...the 80s are back for real.
Amanda- she is channeling Pretty Woman LOL
Our lovely bachelorette- I have to say she was for sure 1980s barbie. Her ponytail stayed spiky through out the night and she had so much fun. Look at those bow sleeves!!!
Jennifer- she looked great too. The headband kills me.....she took a lot of time getting this outfit right and she pulled it off.
Group shot outside our hotel on our way to dinner. You should have seen the looks people gave us. They either looked at us like we were crazy or they got the idea straight away; there really wasn't any in between.
This is the cake that I had made for the party. It looked amazing and tasted even better it was a big hit with all the girls and I am so glad Rachael liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN