Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

World Cup

Sunday July 11th was the final game of the World Cup. Spain vs. Netherlands I was so hoping it was going to be Germany but oh well. I rooted for Netherlands but before I get into all that let me give you a little of my football background.... I have always wished that we had football (American soccer) at home because I always thought it would be fun to play but I had never sat down and watched a game and been serious about it. There wasn't enough action for me. Well now I love it. My English companion and his cockney roommate have me hooked. They weren't even here and I was watching every game possible on TV while I was in my room, racing to work to see who won if I missed a game, and even making tiny flags to show my team spirit. LOL I know extreme!!! So Sunday was the final game and there is a Turkish restaurant on the other side of base that shows the games on a big projection screen outside. Me and a friend drove over and reserved our table two days in advance to ensure seating. Sunday rolled around and the invitation had been sent out. My co-workers and I were discussing our outfits since we have to show team spirit and I didn't have an orange shirt. I had to match since I was the only one from my group rooting for the Netherlands. Luckily this man in my office had a bright orange shirt that was given to him as a gag gift... it said TEAM TESTED DUREX.... I couldn't walk around with a condom shirt on so I printed out the Netherlands flag and duct taped it on the front. It looked so good people were coming up to me asking me where I got it at LOL! The shirt was huge but it worked and I was showing my support. I also made little flags for each team for all of us to carry and wave during the game. I know too many high school football games :) LOL. Me and Hendrik were texting the entire game as he is from Holland but was unable to watch the game so I was keeping him informed. Our team lost and it wasn't really a good game in my opinion but it was a great night out with some fun people. I didn't get into my room into 12:45 in the morning and had to be at work by 5:30 AM we were all very tired but it was a good time.
Some of our group ready for the game to start.
Look at all these people it was packed. I thought to my self oh gosh please don't let the insurgents bomb us right now!
See my shirt is huge but I wore it with pride and had my flag ready to wave.After the game on the way to the car and then home! We lost!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN