Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

While I was home....

My vacation this past time, in June, started as soon as my airplane landed in Dubai. A co-worker was also going out on RR the same time as me so we hung out in Dubai. We had big plans to go shopping and stuff but we got to Dubai around 8:45 at night so we didn't have much time. What we did have time for though was the club. A guy in my office recommended a certain club so we planned on going there and checking it out after dinner. We checked into our rooms at our hotel, got ready and met up for diner. We ate sushi in the hotel I always stay in and it was amazing as usual. After that we headed out on the town. We went to the first recommended bar and needless to say I will never go back or recommend it. After that we checked out 3 other clubs in the same hotel...finally we decided there wasn't anything for us there so we hailed a cab. We told the cab driver what we were looking for because we had no clue where to go and this is where he brought us. We walked in and immediately knew we were in the right place. The music was awesome and everyone was our age. Mostly Brits but a few other nationalities...we had so much fun. So much that when we finally made it back into our rooms at the hotel that I slept through my wake up call and almost missed my plane. Good times! While we were leaving the club I told Chris I needed to take a picture so we could remember where we were and could go back...I tell you... four months + no alcohol= MUCHO FUN
Rock Bottom Cafe- if you're ever in Dubai it's the place to goChris and I on our way ;)

While in Dubai I planned to also go see Sex and the City 2 but unfortunately it was banned in all the Emirates and had to see it while I was home. I am so glad they are conservative religious fanatics because me and my girls had a great time. One of my best friends', Heather, waited to go see it because she knew I would want to watch it...that's what I call friendship. The rest of the gang, Molly, Mom, Lara, and I hadn't seen it but Piper had but she came along anyways to spend some quality time. We had a lot of fun and it was cool seeing certain aspects of the movie that I have actually experienced in real life. Even though it wasn't filmed actually in Abu Dhabi they did actually have an Emirates airplane and dinar. I had dinar in my wallet that I passed out for them to see and of course I had flown Emirates. I haven't ever sat where they did in the movie but I pass those seats on the way back to where us poor folk and the chickens are kept! LOLOther than running around for all my appointments and visiting family and friends I didn't do much. 2 days before I was leaving I decided that I wanted to buy a house so my Mom and I were on the hunt. I found 4 or 5 really cute houses but the last one was the winner hands down. I don't want to share too much since I haven't closed yet and I don't want to jinx myself but below is the picture of the front door. The landscaping I don't much care for but for now this is it. I will share more after we close and I begin to make it my own with paint and furniture. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN