Popular Posts

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Homemade Granola

I have been wanting to make homemade granola for a while now because the mixed up boxes at the grocery store, to me, are really overpriced when I’m sure it is so simple to do myself.  After work yesterday I had to run several errands one was grocery shop so I picked up some almonds that I’m using in another recipe (stay tuned) and got an extra bag to whip up some granola. I haven’t tried any yet with my yogurt but just it alone is good so I’m sure it’s going to pair perfectly with my vanilla yogurt. 


 
Ingredients:
4 cups raw oats
1 bag of whole raw almonds
1 tbs cinnamon
1 stick butter
¾ to 1 cup of brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
 
In a large bowl I measured out my oats


 
Since I bought the whole almond I took a knife and did a rough chop over them and mixed them in with my oats.


 
In a smaller bowl or I used a large measuring cup melt butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together.  Once melted pour over oat/nut mixture and mix until all ingredients are coated well


 
Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spread mixture evenly across.

 
 
Bake at 300 for approximately 30 minutes.  I stirred mine occasionally so it wouldn’t clump but if you would like it to clump so you have granola clusters then don’t stir.

 
 
Let cool and then store in container!  It’s that easy.

 
 
Other things to add: dried fruit and coconut
Instead of butter as your oil base: coconut oil or canola oil
Instead of sugar as your sweetener: maple syrup, honey, or agave
 
Mix and match and use flavors that you like.  I stayed simple and with what I know would taste good on my first go but I would love to make a coconut version of this using flakes of coconut and also oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN