Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 30, 2011




I started a new job on the 15th of this month and so far I LOVE IT!!!

I think it is a way better fit than my last job. I love the environment and the people are so welcoming and friendly. There’s a mixture of age groups of mostly women and they are really great. The office is bigger than the one I was working in previously and I think that suites me better. Everyone still works as a team to make the most out of the day but everyone also does their job and is happy about doing it. LOL I have always been a fast learner and this job was no exception within the first week I was thrown to the wolves and luckily I’ve stayed a float. LOL ;) I am very happy with management so far they are very encouraging and professional, which is a huge plus. I feel like this job will be a great fit for a while and will let me concentrate on school. I was to the point before I started this job that my life was miserable. I hated going to work and I COULD NOT wait to get off. I had so many disappoints and was very ready to move on from it. I am so happy right now and I find myself smiling on my drive home from work and excited about life and work again.

A few months ago Lincoln and I had a conversation about marriage and things like that (not that we want to get married but just our expectations and things out of a relationship). One of the things he said was that he wants his wife to work and have something that she loves or at least likes/enjoys doing as a career or job. His reasoning was first to contribute to the household and second was that he feels that when one person hates their job that it puts a lot of strain and bad feelings into the relationship. Not so much that the relationship turns bad but that the spouse that is unhappy with work will let that unhappiness leak and infect the other aspects of their lives too. At the time I didn’t agree and thought your crazy!
BOY am I singing a different tune these days.
It’s not that I intentionally let my unhappiness with work leak out but it did without me even thinking about it. I found myself unhappy and uncertain in other parts of my life just because I hated my job so bad. I was constantly in a bad mood and I am so glad that I took charge and fixed the problem. Now I feel like I am back on track and ready to rock-n-roll. Just as smiling and laughing is contagious… well so is bad moods and it doesn’t have to be another person doing it, it can be you. I told him last week or so that I knew now what he was talking about and that I now agree with his reasoning that both people should be happy on all fronts especially work. I mean for the most part we spend more time at work and with coworkers than we do with our own loved ones. That makes for a long day when you don’t like the people your sitting beside. LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN