Popular Posts

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Crafts

Since I have been going to Canton pretty frequent this year I have gotten a lot of ideas and things for crafts.  A couple that I have done lately are shown below.  I can't post all about my crafts quite yet because some of them are people's Christmas presents but I am taking lots of pictures so I can document and show later on. 
Instead of buying an $8 container of modge podge at a craft store I made my own from equal parts of Elmer's Glue and water! This is going to help me complete a few Christmas presents.

I bought these wooden letters at Canton MONTHS ago and I finally just did something with them last weekend.  I got some multi colored yarn from Alco and wrapped the letters in it. 

Almost done with the H

All done and ready to hang in the entry way

I hung them up and I think they may be a little far apart but I'll see.
I wanted to hang something in the spare bath and thought this was a cute idea.  I printed the saying out from the Internet and the frame I antiqued myself.  It was a cheap frame from Alco and I spray painted it an ivory color.  After it was dry I took some sand paper and rubbed it around the frame and made it look antique.  I was EXTREMELY pleased by the way it turned out.  I have since replace the picture with a different saying that makes it look even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN