Popular Posts

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gone Huntin'

On Monday the 14th, I had the WONDERFUL pleasure of being off work along with Lincoln, Casey, and Kaylynn who is on vacation for a couple weeks from work.  Kaylynn asked me to go to Dallas with her for Casey's Christmas gifts and we also had to make a run at Hobby Lobby so we headed out around 9 that morning.  We got all our rat killing done and were home by 3 to all go hunting.  It was a bit unplanned and I didn't have any of my camo with me so Lincoln gave me a long sleeve camo shirt and his leafy pants to wear along with some hunting boots that were about 3 sizes too big.  Good thing I was only sitting in the stand and not tracking down the deer. LOL  This was my first solo hunt without Lincoln and I can say that without him beside me I was way more excited and alert.  I didn't see anything but a squirrel but had fun anyways.  Lincoln saw a little 4 point but he never came in my direction.  Casey and Kaylynn didn't see much at there spot either so it was uneventful but all in all a good day.  When we got back it was only 6 but seemed so late with it getting so dark so soon.  Lincoln bought everyone DQ and so we loaded up on the Casey's couch at DQ and watch Stepbrothers.  We are all always quoting that movie so we just figured we would watch it as a family.  Casey and Kaylynn are for sure our closest couple friends that we have. We hang out every chance we can get and always have a load of fun with each other.  Casey and I went to school together in MV and Kaylynn and Lincoln went to school together in MP so we are familiar with each other already and just love hanging out together.  We all have a lot of the same beliefs and interest.  I see many good times in our futures with these kids.  :) 

Kaylynn and I

Me and Lincoln

Kaylynn and Casey

me in the stand on the look out :)
And no hunting isn't some significant event in our lives but I have complained and then vowed lately to take more pictures of all of our comings and goings but I always forget my camera but this time I remembered it was in my purse so seized the opportunity.  Casey made fun and Lincoln rolled his eyes with a sigh but it only took a sec and I was one happy hunter.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN