Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Recipe: Roasted Garlic Potato Soup


I adapted my recipe from THIS recipe I found on Pinterest.  I made it a couple Saturdays ago when it was Winter in Texas for the weekend.  The entire weekend I never left the house and it was glorious.  Saturday after getting the house cleaned and the laundry done I whipped up this recipe and had it ready for dinner that that.  We had just enough left over for Hendrik to snack on the next day.  It will for sure be a staple in our cold weather pantry from now on.  It was so comforting  and not TOO unhealthy.  I made a couple unhealthy choices when I made it (bacon) but they can definitely be left out and/or substituted.  


What you'll need:
  • Red potatoes
  • Whole cloves of garlic
  • Chicken stock/broth
  • Celery- I didn't have celery on hand so the closest thing I had was celery salt...it worked
  • Cream of chicken soup
  • Cream of mushroom soup
  • Whole kernel corn
  • Parsley
  • Black pepper
  • Onion powder- I have to use onion power rather than REAL onion due to my finance's "allergy"  but real onion would be BEST
  • Bacon

What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 and then prep the 3 cloves of garlic to be roasted. (watch and remove when roasted to your liking)
2. While garlic roasts slice and boil your potatoes.

3. Once potatoes are finished drain excess water and slightly mash with a hand masher
4. After draining using the same pot add in broth, cream of chicken, and cream mushroom soup to your boiled potatoes.
5. Add in celery salt


6. Add in all remaining spices and can of corn
7. Mix well- don't over mix because you want a chunky style soup
8. Cook bacon and add it to soup- Note: I separated my bacon into 2 batches.  The first batch I cooked but left soft and added that into my soup.  The next batch I made extra crispy to add more flavor and a crunchy element to my soup.
9. Once your garlic is roasted and removed from oven remove from outside wrappers and mash well in a bowl using a fork. Once mashed add it to your soup.
10. Stir well to ensure all ingredients are mixed in and simmer for 10 minutes or so. Stir often to makes sure nothing sticks to the bottom.  More broth may need to be added.
11. Remove from heat and serve or let sit.


 I made my soup early in the day and so I covered and let it sit.  It was still warm when we ate and it ate great being reheated as well.  I didn't get any finished pictures since we ate later on that day... I forgot.  When we at our soup we added grated cheddar cheese to our individual bowls to taste.
This soup was EXCELLENT and like I said in the beginning I can't wait to make it again.  This is only my variation and if you look in the Pinterest recipe it didn't even call for corn but I threw some in anyways just for added elements and flavor.  You can really take the meat of this and run in any direction you like really making it your own.

I hope you try this amazing recipe and love it as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN