Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Book Review: The Best of Us

So in my last book review post HERE I started reading the 14th Women's Murder Club novel and as always James Patterson killed it. I want to skip that mystery book review because I've read and reviewed a ton of those books and they are ALL good so lets move on to one maybe no one knows about!

The Best of Us was a book I saw on one of the blogs that I follow on the must read lists and they weren't lying!  I devoured this book in mere days and those were very cold days last week.  This book was the perfect read for a cold day as the book is set mainly in Jamaica.  It would be a great book to read on vacation.  I was so engrossed in the book and the author kept my interest as I was constantly reading forward to see what was going to happen with the 4 couples that were involved on this trip!  Were they all just going to fall apart or pull it together.  Each couple has their own story and their own troubles that I'm sure a lot of people can relate too. Its a little bit of fantasy vacation mixed up with a whole lot of real life problems.  I highly recommend this good read!



Amazon Synopsis in case you don't believe my raving review! LOL

Paradise isn’t quite what it seems as four college friends meet for an island vacation in this captivating new novel from the acclaimed author of These Girls.



An all-expense-paid week at a luxury villa in Jamaica—it’s the invitation of a lifetime for a group of old college friends. All four women are desperate not just for a reunion, but for an escape: Tina is drowning under the demands of mothering four young children. Allie is shattered by the news that a genetic illness runs in her family. Savannah is carrying the secret of her husband’s infidelity. And, finally, there’s Pauline, who spares no expense to throw her wealthy husband an unforgettable thirty-fifth birthday celebration, hoping it will gloss over the cracks already splitting apart their new marriage. 

Languid hours on a private beach, gourmet dinners, and late nights of drinking kick off an idyllic week for the women and their husbands. But as a powerful hurricane bears down on the island, turmoil swirls inside the villa, forcing each of the women to reevaluate everything she knows about her friends—and herself.


Since this book was so good and it as on of those must read lists I started another book I found the same way.  I am currently reading While YOU were sleeping: A gripping pyschological thriller you just can't put down



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN