Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

BIG Happenings Since March

Wow my blogging has really slacked off but I'm almost caught up on big events and such so I thought I would do a little catch up post of snaps and things that have been going on with me since March. 

March was an eventful month for me and pretty monumental as I finally made a move in my work-life that I wanted to do....
  • I started my own personal training business!!! It has completely taken off and I have had full books since March.  I am still juggling 40 hours or MORE at Hendrik's office on top of my clients so I am one busy gal but I LOVE it!  
  • I also made a few trips to Lowe's to get my ferns for the front porch, more flowers for my pots near the front door, and also my garden seedlings.  Max even went along and was the perfect puppy!  
  • Working out continued as scheduled....meaning everyday LOL  I love seeing all my muscles.




April was just a great month in general.  My personal training business had taken off and I was finding the balance for all my work and play and hobbies....  

  • my MMA training is still going great and I have come so far in the past few months.  I have gotten punched in the face but I'm still waiting for a black eye or bloody nose I think it's coming soon LOL.  
  • We have taught the dogs to drive!! See pic below.  
  • I received my white belt in Brazilian Ju Jitsu after a training seminar and I was completely surprised and was definitely not expecting to come home with anything other than more knowledge and some ninja skills.  
  • By the end of the month my garden had really taken off.  This year was my first year to plant onions and also cauliflower.  My onions did so awesome and I got huge heads of cauliflower from each plant I planted.  The only thing is that I didn't realize that once cauliflower produces it is done so I will need to plant 2 to 3 times as much next year.   






May was probably THE BEST month of the year thus far.  So many memorable things happened that all were results of a lot of hard work.  
  • First I graduated with my MASTERS DEGREE and I'm still adjusting to life after the anxiety of 25 years in school. LOL  If I have any down time I get seriously anxious and nervous because I have a nag in my brain that says I shouldn't be sitting and relaxing. It's like a deadline that I've forgotten.
  • The week after graduation Hendrik and I made a quick getaway to the Dominican Republic for a long weekend to unwind.
  • Once we returned semi-tanned from Punta Cana we had our first professional photos as a couple made by the awesome Rocki Hoops.  The pictures couldn't have came out more perfect as just about everyone of them the best.
  • At the end of the month my youngest brother graduated from high school and it was a nice graduation but it was a bit hot as it was held in the new high school gym because of the weather.
  • My mom and Mike had a little backyard BBQ graduation party for Caleb and I.  Colby caked me in the face which gave him and Hendrik a BIG laugh!!  A lot of people came out to support and congratulate Caleb and I and it was a really nice night.
View graduation post HERE

Read about our long weekend in the Dominican HERE

See more of these awesome pictures HERE



June I continued the busy trend of running myself to death...
  • I took Caleb on a once-in-a-lifetime graduation trip to London, England and Ireland.  I'm in the middle of those post and they will be up soon. They are the only drafts I currently have!!
  • My inner mermaid started coming out one night after MMA which lead me to come up with the idea that mermaid type scales would make an awesome tattoo!!!  
  • Hendrik I kept up with our Sunday afternoon workouts together. It's a great way to catch up and unwind before our week starts.






July was the first month that wasn't jam packed with travel and pre-made plans.  I was able to actually start to feel what it was like to be done with school and I made it my goal to get organized at home by conquering a massive to do list.  I got all but 1 item done...which is to clean out Hendrik's night stand.    It was a busy month and eventful but not stressful and just really all around GREAT!
  • I copied one of my clients and got an undercut.  My mom wasn't impressed but I loved it and made a lot of new friends at the gym in MP.  LOL
  • That same night I carried on with my badass-ery and got hit and gave some hits for the first time sparring with my MMA coach.  It was so much fun and even though I have a lot of work to do to be where I think I need to be I will keep on going back for more.  
  • I made about 20 jars of homemade spaghetti sauce using THIS recipe.  We are really excited because it has been over a year and a half since having spaghetti sauce seeing Hendrik refuses to eat the processed store bought version and it also isn't my favorite either.
  • Max stayed cool by using the cow tank as his own swimming pool and wouldn't come out no matter the reason.
  • My garden kept impressing this year with all it's gifts.  Besides the cauliflower and onions that were both new additions this year I also planted cantaloupe and boy did we enjoy it.  We got 2-3 cantaloupe each week from mid-June through August.  They were delicious and a store bought melon just isn't the same now.
  • We made a trek to Fort Worth to the man's version of Canton....Ritchie Brothers Auctions.  We were looking for a tractor but it wasn't up for sale yet.  We did find some neat deals and it was something to see but like Hendrik to Canton...I won't be going back for a while.  Pallets of ratchet straps just don't impress me.  
  • I got in some late night workouts in Mt. Pleasant and took advantage of an empty gym to get some pics of me squatting in my new shoes.  I had been debating for a while about trying Under Armor shoes and I'm so glad I finally did.  They are so comfortable :)
  • At the end of the month I went with some other kickboxing students to a Bang Muay Thai seminar at the Onnit headquarters in Austin.  It was a great trip with new people and a fantastic seminar by Duane Ludwig the creator of BMT which I have been studying for a year and half now.  I hope to make another seminar this year in Austin but if Professor Ludwig can't work Texas into his trip their is talk of a team trip to Colorado to train at his home base school there.  











August was just a nice normal month that was smooth sailing and was really the first month all year that we/I had no real plans and I got into a great weekend routine that consisted of lounging and doing house chores on Saturdays and then meal prep and couple time on Sundays.
  • The first weekend of the month was Case's first birthday.  My mom and I helped Lara plan an barnyard/farm theme and it turned out so great. Case got a ton of neat things and we had a lot of fun.  His cake was wonderful!!!
  • Hendrik and I lounged the good part of the next day watching DVRd shows and Netflix. We don't hardly EVER do that so it was so nice.
  • I completely revamped the west part of our living room.  The pool table used to be there but now that we have no more boat and a lot more space I made Hendrik a little hunting area/man cave in the shop which freed up the perfect amount of space to pull off this.  It is by far my most favorite spot in the house right now and I've made it a habit to start my weekend mornings there blogging, catching up on emails, and drinking my coffee.  
  • We decided in August that we would definitely try to go on vacation in October seeing we haven't taken a big trip this year yet.  Bali or Thailand has been on the menu since last year for the both of us so I took August to do a little vacation planning.







Although we are at the END of September I still have a lot of awesome things going on through the end of the year.  Upcoming family trip to Stephenville, upcoming vacation with Hendrik, making some great strides with my physique, and the holidays are just some of the things I have going on.  2016 has been a life changing year and it isn't even over yet!!  I'm so glad I'm almost caught up on blogging and that I actually have time to continue doing something I really enjoy.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN