Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pamper Yourself


Although I do love to get things done and mark items off my to do list I also love to pamper myself.  I don’t mean go all out even though every once in a while I do but just weekly or daily pampering that help me unwind.  Here are a few things that I do that I enjoy and do JUST FOR ME!

 

Soak in a hot bath- as frequently as possible....There is nothing more relaxing that a piping hot bath after a long work day.  I am able to just sit relax and clear my head before bed.  It's also a time that I can read a bit of a magazine or book.

Lounge all day or the majority of the day in bed or on the couch and indulge in some good ol’ TV- I used to do this one more often but these days I just really don't have the time. It seems there are always chores or errands that are calling my name but usually these types of days happened on a Saturday during the school when I really should be doing homework. ;)

Treat myself to a favorite meal like basil and garlic pesto over a bed of any kind of pasta- This is one of my go -o indulge girlie meals.  I love it and it makes a ton so there's always enough for leftovers for lunches.  This is one that could be for two but Hendrik isn't crazy about pesto so really it is my treat to myself.

And for those times when I really want to indulge I book a massage with Vickie at the Copper Leaf for 90 GLORIOUS minutes and possibly a little pedi or facial thrown in.  I do that about once a quarter or twice a year depending on the time and monies I have available. This past weekend I had a great late morning session at the Copper Leaf.  I had a sea salt glow followed up with a 30 minute massage complete with sauna and a shower.  It was glorious.  I had never had a sea salt glow but have been wanting to try it for years.  My skin feels so soft and smooth it was awesome.  It's one of those things that really twice a year would be great to hydrate and get old, itchy skin off.  I've been going to the Copper Leaf for 8 years now and they never disappoint.

No matter the relaxation method I use be it big or small I love those minutes of solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN