Popular Posts

Friday, January 7, 2011

Refreshing

Last night as I was sitting in my room not really doing much and I started thinking about the past couple weeks and how refreshing it was to meet and get to know someone new. Now as we already know, NOT EVERYONE is refreshing but the person I met and have gotten to know is very refreshing. Just a few positive characteristics this very handsome person has are maturity, open mindedness, southern, passionate, talkative, very polite, considerate, well traveled, laid back, responsible, smart, and adventurous. Ok so that might have been a few more than a few but I got on a roll and they are some really great qualities for a person to possess.

We talk for hours about all sorts of different things and never run out of things to say. Of course there are surprise conversations when we got to see the passion one holds for politics and how their views are a lot different from your own. It is nice to have an intelligent conversation with someone your age and know that it’s ok and even fun to have different opinions. It is also especially nice to have a conversation where you can express your views without being pressured to conform to their own beliefs. I would never want to be with someone who pushes their beliefs on me. It is ok to have a different opinion that is what makes life interesting and keeps things alive, plus what fun is it to have someone EXACLTY like me. I mean I love myself but if I wanted someone like me I would just be alone with no variety.

Along with surprise conversations that show us how we are different there are those conversations that show how we are alike in some ways: our love of traveling and the dreams we would love to make come true before we are old and settle into a more permanent lifestyle like kids and things, how we plan to make these dreams come true, and similar backgrounds that make it easier to relate to each other and sort of understand what each went through.

Then there are those little things that are just fun to talk about when you are learning about someone like food, music, home, favorites of this and that and just regular life facts.

I hate that I am leaving just when it’s getting good but that’s ok because we will keep in touch and I love reading his emails because I catch myself smiling the entire time I read them. If anyone is watching me I am sure they think I am a complete lunatic. Hahahaha

Anyways, I am refreshed all the same and plan to stay in touch with this super special person and keep on being surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN