Popular Posts

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday Scaries

Some would say I'm a high strung individual...I say I'm highly efficient, organized, slightly OCD individual...to each their own.  

I also like doing everything I do 110%, which can lead to a lot of anxiety.  I feel as each year passes I get better at managing myself and "letting it go" but I still get bad anxiety on Sundays.  I've come to hear the term that a lot of millennials use/suffer from and they call it the
Sunday Scaries.


I really can't pin point why or what brings it on other than I guess I am subconsciously worrying about my upcoming work week.  When I was still in college this was a normal feeling and I could usually pin point that it was because I had an important assignment coming up or had procrastinated and that was the effect. Once I graduated it took several months to get the feeling that I was constantly forgetting something out of my head.  I was so used to juggling 50 things when all those things were now complete I was only left with a few items and so I had a constant feeling of forgetfulness.  Over the past year that feeling has slowly creeped back into my belly.  The only thing I can really find that would cause me this undue stress is the increase in responsibility and pressure I put on myself from managing my husband and in-laws businesses and all the items that entails...federal reports, state reports, state and federal regulations, normal financial pressures, and day to day operations are things I deal with on a daily basis and things I'm also usually learning more about daily.

FUN FACT! According to NBC News 76% of Americans have Sunday night anxiety!!!!

I'm determined to regain control of my weekend so I've outline a few things that help me.

How I combat the Sunday Scaries
  1. Make a to do list for work tasks- Now on Friday's I start a new list for the following week to record on paper and get out of my head the tasks I already know for sure that I will have to do....By doing this I can free up that mental space and know I'm not "forgetting" I am prepared know ahead of time that I for sure have these things to do and I'm already somewhat organized and mentally prepared to accomplish them.
  2. Organize and plan my week at home- not only do I try to prepare for my upcoming work week on Friday I try to plan and prepare for the week ahead on Sunday at home as well.  This consists of planning my nightly meals and ensuring I have all the ingredients, meal prepping for lunches and snacks, mapping out workouts and other to dos like mowing and such.  By scheduling and mapping out my week I can ensure that I have ample time to accomplish things and feel like a success.  
  3. Lastly...Routine and Rest- If I have cleaning and major tasks to do I really try to get those things done on Friday night or sometime on Saturday so my Sunday's are really just about what I WANT to do.  I watch TV, garden, or just anything that I want to do so I go into the week relaxed and ready not unprepared and stressed from prior days. 

Do you have episodes of Sunday Scaries?

1 comment:

  1. Now we do have neighbors, but being in the mountains neighbors can be somewhat scary, and trust me mine are. Hangover depression

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN