Popular Posts

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Recipe: Stuff Mushroom Caps

I don't know about you but if you are a woman that cooks you know the old saying....I want to cook something different.  We get stuck cooking the same things and it seems like I'm always trying to find new and improved recipes to liven up my week night meals.  While at Sam's in October I saw these big luscious mushroom caps and thought I'm buying those and going to come up with an awesome new recipe with them!  

Later that week after searching Pinterest for the perfect stuffed mushroom cap recipe...that I never found I put together my own ingredients and hoped for success.  


What you'll need:
  • Spinach leaf
  • Cream cheese
  • Italian sausage
  • Lipton soup mix in the herb flavor
  • Mushroom caps
  • Sliced cheese...flavor of your choice

What to do:

Brown your sausage and once fully cooked add in Lipton soup mix and a mix of water to get it coated on the sausage evenly.


In a large mixing bowl mix cream cheese, cooked sausage, and spinach leaf.




Once the mixture is well blended divide evenly among your large mushroom caps.  You will really have to mound it up to use entire mixture. 



Lay sliced cheese over the top of now stuffed mushrooms.  I used two slices per cap to fully cover.  


Bake at 350 to fully melt and slightly toast cheese.  

Serve hot!


Now this recipe is completely made up by me and this is the only time I have made it.  I would definitely make it again but make 1 major change.  I won't use sausage because it is heavily salted and made the entire dish really salty...almost too salty and I love salt.  Next time I will use lean ground beef.  This isn't a dish that is for all the time as with all the cheese it is very rich but it is a nice recipe to have in your cookbook to switch up the regular.  

If you try it let me know what adaptations you make and how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN