Popular Posts

Monday, December 4, 2017

Let's Talk About Balance!

I've been saving this post in my drafts for months now after I thought of the title of this post MONTHS ago and have been waiting on the perfect time when I have everything balanced to write the perfect post on living and maintaining a balanced life.  hahaha Well here we are MONTHS later and I'm writing this post, which as you continue to read on you will find that I have NOTHING balanced.  You will also find how I struggle daily and how it's a constant battle.  So the remainder of this post is going to be me venting about my lack of balance....and how to learn to balance the non-balance!  I know that most, if not all, can relate.  



It seems like over the past year and a half my life has gotten increasingly more hectic.  I used to have EVERYTHING together....clean house, home cooked supper on the table each night, organized planner and desk at work, I worked out daily, meal prepped on Sunday, and I was generally on top of pretty much everything!  Since I graduated graduate school last May of 2016 my life has just taken off.  2016 was a year of whirlwind traveling, we got engaged in October and then started the wedding planning.  We got married April of this year then more travel and just life happened.  On top of all that I have became increasingly more involved in managing both Hendrik's and his parent's companies and that takes a lot of energy.  Oh yeah and in September we bought an investment property for me to renovate! (that's a whole other post or 10 in itself)



I feel like, on most days, I'm failing on most fronts especially the working out and cooking front.  My house is semi clean but only gets cleaned about once a week.  If you walk in the dishes are piled to the top of our farmhouse sink and the laundry baskets are overflowing.  I've gained...to me...significant weight over the past 6 months due to my lack of consistency in the gym as well as in the kitchen.  This is the part that makes me just not feel myself.

Although I love doing what I do for a living....I have a variety of tasks each day but it is really stressful taking care of ALL things in 2 businesses and working with your husband and family.  Not to mention the personal responsibility and stress I feel because this is our livelihood.  It is a constant strain on all my relationships and it is always on my mind.



I've spent the better part of 2017 trying to clean house on the business front so I can feel secure in that and then move on to the next thing...getting myself back "together" in the gym and back on track with my healthy lifestyle.  I am conscious DAILY of what all I need to do and I know how to do it but it takes energy and at the end of 10-12 hours of office work I just don't have much left.  I just have to be like Nemo and keep on swimming!

I know this just seems like a bitch fest and oh poor pitiful me but it's really not...this post is about how someone who is super organized, OCD, and usually always has it all together has been struggling with loosing control and learning how to operate and manage this new "normal".  My only saving grace is that I KNOW that I will get it all under control I just have to manage one thing at a time until I have it all back to the way I like things.  I couldn't imagine feeling this way now and then throwing kids into the mix like so many others have...I doubt I would ever be the same again LOL.  



So that's the balance in my not so balanced life.  But stick around...I'm going to get it all back under control and feel better about it all but I do know and understand now that it is a constant battle and sometimes things just don't happen but trying to be positive and look to the future and continue to try is the most important things. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way. I just cannot seem to find a way to do it all, and it frustrates the hell outta me. :-/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN