Popular Posts

Friday, April 3, 2015

DIY & Recipe: Homemade Taco Seasoning

I don't know about you but in our house a quick, healthy, and easy meal I turn to on busy nights is tacos.  We can mix and match ingredients and make our own the way we want but one thing that you always need is seasoning.  I've always bought McCormick taco seasoning or something similar but the salt and preservatives that's in the package seasoning is really unneeded.  To not only save on my grocery bill (however small it may be saving is still saving...right)  but to make a more natural and salt free option for Hendrik and I.  This is so easy!  I had all the items I needed at home right down to the extra unused mason jar and left over label.
 
 
 
What you'll need:
 
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Red Pepper
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder


Directions:
  • Either in a mixing bowl or directly in the jar measure out your ingredients.
Tip:  I use the measurements listed above and just multiply by usually 8 to get a good amount in my jar to last through a couple months
  • Once your ingredients are measured out put in mason jar and shake to mix.  You may need to stir a bit to make sure the mixture is well mixed throughout.
  • Seal with lid
  • Write the above 1 serving recipe on your label and stick on your mason jar to use for future mixings.
  • Store in spice rack
See I told you it was easy!

Now when you are making tacos you can simply sprinkle on a couple tablespoons of your homemade seasoning.  I use this for an type of meat. 

I hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN