Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Slumber Party

While I was home, my girlfriends came over to my mom's and we had a slumber party. It was an adult slumber party with myself, Heather, Piper, Rachael, Lara and my mom but we did some of our little girl things. I cooked chicken scampi, which if I don't say so myself turned out better than Olive Garden's. I got the recipe a while back but had never made it and decided there was no better time than then. I cooked and we all drank wine and talked about anything and everything.
This picture is one that was taken as we were trying to uncork a bottle of wine. All my mom had was one of the cork screw things and it was so hard to pull out. Heather had to hold the bottle as I struggled with the cork. We finally were able to get it out.
After dinner we had to make the Piper & Megan chocolate cake. This is a cake that Piper and I have been making since like the 3rd grade. We got the recipe off the back of the Hershey's coca and have made it for the past 13 years. I am sure this will be a lasting tradition with Piper until we die. Piper isn't a very good cook so we made a deal with her.... she had to mix and make the entire cake by herself but WE had to read her the instructions as she went along. Heather read and I supervised Piper's progress.
She surprised me on her increasing kitchen knowledge and of course the cake turned out perfect and delicious. After eating our cake we moved on to pedicures and watching "our" movie...The Sweetest Thing. Heather headed home to Matt and Athen around one a.m. and the rest of us went to bed. Piper, Rachael, and I slept in my brother's bed and I bet we didn't fall asleep until 3:30. We were talking, reminiscing and giggling forever. It was so much fun to get together with my girlfriends and I know that we are so close that things like this won't be a rare thing even after we are all settled in our adult lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN