Popular Posts

Friday, December 25, 2015

Update on Life

Here is a boring all about my life update from October to now to sort of catch you and really myself up.  It seems like I don't do much actually blogging anymore more it ends up just being updates from my workouts, Instagram, and life but hey...I hope to get better at blogging again until then at least I have a semi reliable source to look back on.  



Hendrik and I have been date nighting it up several times each month and I love pulling together an outfit.  I don't think I will ever get over my love for my high top Nikes so this night I paired them with a simple black shirt and some sporty rocker type pants.  Our date nights consist of both dinner double dates with our best couple friend, Paul and Lauren, or its just us and we run errands in whatever big city we choose to head to, usually Tyler or Rockwall. 




I got my Fall decor out a bit early this year I think it was early September and still hot as you know what but September is supposed to be Fall so up it went.  Plus I was really wanting a change of decor since I had my house perfectly clean and I thought better now than never.  In Texas you have to take the chances as they present them otherwise I would have went straight into Christmas decor as we never have any true Fall weather.  I don't decorate for every season just Fall and Christmas but what little I do do I really enjoy it and love how cozy it makes the house feel.


For a while there my cooking game was off.  I wasn't into it, I was done with cooking what felt like the same thing, it was hot and a hot meal is the last thing I wanted to make, and overall just unmotivated.  I was throwing together quick meals that took minimal effort and this one time in particular my laziness got the best of me.  I thought I was going to be smart and pull my meal in the oven to cook and it would automatically turn off and stay warm until Hendrik got home.  I would be in Mt. Pleasant at MMA so here everyone wins.....WRONG!  I never use my oven timer it doesn't matter if I'm home or not and not being home isn't an option.  I didn't take into account that the oven would be X degrees for still that much longer after it turned off automatically.  The and result was the picture above....an inedible dinner and a very good lesson learned. Since then I'm back to my regular Betty Crocker self in the kitchen and whipping together good and not burned meals.



MMA has been going great and it continues to be such an awesome workout and way to get in my cardio.  I go 2 times a week currently.


We had some nasty ass people leave one of our rent houses in horrible shape with trash and food and such strewn throughout the entire house and pile at least 2 feet deep across the enclosed back porch.  I took one of our guys down one afternoon and we got to burning and cleaning up a bit.  Since we have put in new floors, tile, and wood burning stove and bought paint.  I loved helping Hendrik's mom pull together a design and color scheme that is both inexpensive, durable, yet stylish and functional.  So much fun and wanted me to have a project like this of my own that I can put a bit more into!!!  


Dog sitting Hershey while Mom was on a girl's trip to Beaver's Ben with her bunco group.  He thought it was funny getting in my chair then on my desk to pilfer around.  Little turd!



Both babies, Poppy and Case, loved the not so hot weather where they could chill in their strollers while their mommas got in some walking.  These are just some pics that Lara and Amy sent me and thought they were too cute not to include.




This little elf is growing like a week and is the love of every one's life.  I got him this cute little onesie from Old Navy.  Hendrik and Colby said he looks like Charlie Brown. LOL  


On December 1st, one of our drivers brought this little pig too me.  He's an all white half boxer half American bulldog that we named Max.  He's about 4 times this size now and VERY feisty.  I wasn't really 100% sure I wanted another dog but thought I better just bite the bullet I'm always going to have other responsibilities and I just needed to do it.  Potty training is going good so far, he goes to work with me all day most days, and is crate training at night.  On top of all that he's spoiled rotten!


At the beginning of December Hendrik was off early and decided to try out MMA with me a couple times.  I think he really liked it and it was way different for me to train with someone other than Matt.  It was fun but I don't think I'd want to train with him all the time.  



Hoss isn't liking Max at all.  I think its because he's so puppy and really annoying all he wants to do is jump, bit his tail and ears, and bark and be really rowdy.  I think Hoss is coming around to him a bit more as he gets older and in a few months when he's a bit more out of the puppy stage Hoss and Max will be the best of running buddies.


Work the past month has been super intense.  We have been busy, gotten audited, and just general year end clean up.  A couple weeks back I worked 11 hours on Sunday, was there the next Monday morning at 5 AM, and then on Tuesday there again at 6.  Needless to say I wore myself plum out and it ended up with me being really sick and exhausted for about a week.  I'm glad this month is almost over and that I'm feeling like myself again...sort of LOL.  I know the beginning of the year is going to be crazy too but I hope its a bit more manageable.



Our drinks!!!  Almost every night we drink hot tea mostly in bed because that's where our day ends.  I usually have a mint tea no sugar and Hendrik is hung up on traditional black tea sugared with agave.  Its a relaxing time to end the day and get some good antioxidants.  Speaking of antioxidants how good does the smoothie look? It looks awesome to me but its been a while since I've made one.  I plan on getting back on that train next week my body is screaming for something cold and fresh an stuffed with fiber as well.



More random snaps of Case.  Mom and Lara went shopping and he got some high top sneakers as well.  I had to have a picture and tell Colby we are twinkles now....everyone makes fun of my high tops!  Also a few weeks back I got to watch him for the afternoon while Lara had some training to do at the hospital.  He was perfect and just hung out in his seat and chilled while I got some work done. 


My outfit for the last wedding of the season.  It was actually really cold this day and I should have  worn tights or hose but I didn't and regretted it but oh well.  I loved my jewel toned outfit and finally got to break out my leopard heels that I've worn only a handful of times.  Its hard to pull off leopard heels.  



Now here we are on Christmas day. I've been up since 5:30 drinking coffee and enjoying the quiet before we get loaded down with family and kids for the day.  Here's a sneak peak at my Christmas decor this year.  We have two huge and full trees that I've been working with but this year I just decided to splurge and get a slimmer tree that really fits our space better.  I don't have to move furniture around and it just fits better all around.  I didn't feel bad buying a tree even though we had two because each of our moms gave us those so it has been a good 10 years since I bought a Christmas tree.  We now have 3 tress but one day I'm sure I will put all of them to good use in my mansion!!! LOL

Merry Christmas!  Stay tuned for my new year's resolutions and other general updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN