Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Book Review: Pretty Little Liars





I'm obsessed with the Pretty Little Liars series on ABC Family. 
I've watched it from the very beginning and although I have no clue when these girls are going to graduate or who A is I'm suckered into watching each episode of Rosewood High drama to try and figure it out. 
I've known all along that the books are what spurred the TV phenomenon but never thought to read them as they were kid-ish in my head....
"Umm hello Megan you watch a high school drama show about 4 little liars"....
 
Yes that's what I thought to myself  before I finally broke down to read the first book.  When I updated my phone to the new IOS software the books app gave me the first book for free.  Well folks that's all it took and now I'm as hooked on the books as I am the TV show. 
 
So far I've read the first 5 books and have started on the 6th and I really can't get enough.  Each book is as good as the last and even though the characters "look" different in the books than on TV and the events are a bit different they are still awesome.  These are the books that keep you coming back for me intrigue and make you WANT TO KNOW what happens. 
I devour them!
After the first book I've had to purchase them from Amazon to go on my Kindle but that is ok as they are really cheap. 


1. Pretty Little Liars


Amazon Synopsis
I’m still here. And I know everything. –A 
In ultra-trendy Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four beautiful girls are hiding very ugly secrets. High school juniors Spencer, Hanna, Aria and Emily have grown apart since their best friend Alison DiLaurentis went missing three years ago. But now someone is sending them anonymous notes, threatening to reveal their darkest secrets. There’s only one person who knows that much about them, but Ali’s gone…isn’t she? Full of unexpected twists and shocking revelations, this series opener that inspired the hit TV show is the perfect beginning for fans.

2. Flawless



Amazon Synopsis
Spencer stole her sister's boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya . . . as much more than a friend. Hanna's obsession with looking flawless is making her sick. And their most horrible secret yet is so scandalous that the truth would ruin them forever.
And why shouldn't I tell? They deserve to lose it all. With every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message I send, I'll be taking these pretty little liars down. Trust me, I've got enough dirt to bury them alive.

3. Perfect



Amazon Synopsis
In Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four perfect-looking girls aren't nearly as perfect as they seem.
Aria can't resist her forbidden ex. Hanna is on the verge of losing her BFF. Emily is freaking out over a simple kiss. And Spencer can't keep her hands off anything that belongs to her sister.
Lucky me. I know these pretty little liars better than they know themselves. But it's hard keeping all of their secrets to myself. They better do as I say . . . or else!

4.Unbelievable


Amazon Synopsis
Four pretty little liars' charmed lives have turned into living nightmares.
Emily's been shipped off to Iowa to live with her überconservative cousins. Aria's boyfriend is behind bars—because of her. Spencer's afraid she was involved in Ali's murder. But Hanna's fate is far worse: She's clinging to life in the hospital because she knew too much.
If these girls don't start listening to me, Hanna's going to look like the lucky one.

5. Wicked


Amazon Synopsis
In idyllic Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four very pretty girls just can't help but be bad. . . .
Hanna will do anything to be Rosewood's queen bee. Spencer's digging up her family's secrets. Emily can't stop thinking about her new boyfriend. And Aria approves a little too strongly of her mom's taste in men. Now that Ali's killer is finally behind bars, the girls think they're safe. But those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. And they should know by now that I'm always watching. .

6. Killer


Amazon Synopsis
In picture-perfect Rosewood, Pennsylvania, ash-blond highlights gleam in the winter sun and frozen lakes sparkle like Swarovski crystals. But pictures often lie—and so do Rosewood's four prettiest girls. Hanna, Aria, Spencer, and Emily have been lying ever since they became friends with beautiful Alison DiLaurentis. Ali made them do terrible things—things they had to keep secret for years. And even though Ali was killed at the end of seventh grade, their bad-girl ways didn't die with her. Hanna's on a mission to corrupt Rosewood's youth, starting with a very attractive sophomore. Aria's snooping into her boyfriend's past. Spencer's stealing—from her family. And pure little Emily's abstaining from abstinence.The girls should be careful, though. They thought they were safe when Ali's killer was arrested and A's true identity was finally revealed. But now there's a new A in town turning up the heat. And this time Rosewood is going to burn.


There are a total of 16 books so far so I will definitely keep you posted on my progress of reading through the fantastic series.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN