Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Long Weekend

I had a great long weekend, even though they aren't ever long enough!  I had to work until noon on Saturday but as soon as I got off work I headed to my mom's so we could go to Dallas to Garden Ridge to get Christmas decoration...man that was a lot of to's.  My mom and I had a great ride up visiting and once we got to Garden Ridge it is was great.  I hadn't ever been there but everyone raved about how great their decorations are for Christmas.  I had sort of an idea of what I wanted but not really.  Garden Ridge had a great selection and I found some great decorations that I can't wait to show off in a few MONTHS LOL!! I know I'm a little premature on the Christmas stuff but I haven't had a real Christmas in three years so I am really looking forward to this Christmas, especially with my family and spending it with Lincoln. 
Saturday night Kaylynn spent the night so we could wake up and head to Canton on Sunday.  Sunday we woke up around 7:30 or so and after milling around, getting ready, and drinking a cup of coffee we were on the road to the greatest flea market EVER!!!  The weather was perfect for a day at Canton, not too hot, windy and crowded but manageable.  Kaylynn wasn't looking for anything in particular and I was only looking for Piper a birthday gift and a cabinet front that I can decorate and paint with chalkboard paint and hang in my laundry room.  I found all the things I was looking for plus a cute owl apron for myself.  We got home from Canton around 3:30 and I had to rush and get some homework submitted. 
You might be wondering where our boys are during this weekend... they were at a bachelor party in Dallas living it up.  We heard from them a total of MAYBE two times and they had some stories to tell Sunday evening when they got home to us.  We all hung out at Casey and Kaylynn's house for a little while and then came on home early around 8:30 because they boys were very tired and Lincoln was ready to hop in bed and wind down after a whirlwind of drinking and partying LOL!!!

Monday we slept in and had lunch at my Mom and Mike's.  They fixed us all steaks and most of the family was there.  All the grand kids were running around plus a few extras here and there.  We had a great time spending some quality time with the family before we headed back to Winnsboro for some friend time.  Late Monday afternoon Casey and Kaylynn came over and we grilled sausage and hot dogs and had a little outdoor chili dog picnic.  The weather was so great and late that night we even broke in the new fire pit and roasted a few marshmallows.  You know us Texans the first time the temperature drops below 75 we are breaking out the parkas. LOL  Fall is in the air and I am so ready. 
We had a great weekend and I am prepared for the short week.  I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend and isn't too tired for the week ahead. 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a wonderful long weekend!! I cant wait to see your Christmas tree! I wanted to stop at Garden Ridge on the way home from Dallas Monday, but the girls needed to get on back to their homes, so we didnt stop. I'll just have to make a special trip!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN