Popular Posts

Friday, August 4, 2017

Glow and The Bold Type

Two shows that have completely grabbed my attention and I can't get enough of are Glow a Netflix Original and the new Freeform show, The Bold Type.


I had been seeing and hearing about Glow around the Internet and blogosphere so about a month ago I decided to give it a whirl.  Well a whirl turned into a complete binge and I watched all 10 episodes in a couple days or should I say a couple nights. LOL  It was so good and actually based loosely on actual event.  In the 80's what is now I guess WWE tried starting or did start the women's wrestling division and this show is a show about a group of misfits making a TV show.  It was so good in a quirky can't look away way. Of course when it ended I felt closure but it was so good I really wanted more.  Good thing a few weeks after I finished Glow a new show premiered on Freeform.....cue The Bold Type



Wow this show...is so good in so many different ways I just don't even know what to say about it.  First off go set your DVR to start recording it immediately then come back and finish reading.... it is the perfect dare I say even better replacement to Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, and possibly Sex and the City...I KNOW!! How could it be right...??? Well the show is about 3 mid-twenty something friends who work at Scarlett magazine....a knock off of Cosmo in the real world and it goes about their lives and their struggles with their own insecurities, money, boys, careers, and sexuality problems.  It literally is one of those shows that makes you want to pack your bags, move to NYC, and become a writer who always is fashion forward living the life of chaos and sexiness. LOL  I'm so hooked I save it and savor every minute that I watch it late at night on Tuesdays when I have the living room to myself.  I know I have a problem but once you watch one episode you will too I promise!

In my notes to research are Riverdale..apparently it is also awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN