Popular Posts

Sunday, August 28, 2016

AC/DC Concert and a Staycation in Dallas

Back in December of 2015 we heard that AC/DC was going to be doing another tour and they were coming to Dallas.  I was on the ticket hunt and the day they went on sale I snatched up two floor seats for Hendrik and I.

We decided to make a little stay-cation out of it so on February 22nd, Monday, Hendrik came with me to Dallas.  I had class downtown Monday night so before class we checked into our hotel and had a drink at the rooftop bar.  We stayed at the Nylo on the Southside of downtown Dallas and it was so neat.  It was freshly renovated and is styled as urban rustic.  It was really nice and we got a great deal on the 2 night stay.  

Sunsetting on my way to class
Tuesday, February 23rd, I planned on us to explore the parks and things all around downtown but the day turned out to be chilly and rainy so we settled for some window shopping and actual shopping at North Park Mall.  Mid afternoon we headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner and the concert.  I made us reservations for the restaurant in the Reunion Tower owned by Wolfgang Puck.  It was Asian fusion which isn't our normal style of food but we both found something that we really liked and the sushi roll we got as an appetizer was THE BEST SUSHI we've ever had to-date.  

One of the views from the top of the tower as we rotated.  It was still rainy and cloudy so the views weren't as good as I know they can be but it was still a really neat experience that I'm glad we got to do together.







I had a pasta dish with a filet of fish and lobster bisque.  It was so creamy and amazing I wish I had another bowl to eat. 

Hendrik had steak
After dinner it was time to rock out!  We got to the American Airlines center a bit early but that was fine.  We were able to get our souvenirs bought, drinks, and find our seats in plenty of time.  We caught the opening act. I can't remember who the guy was but he was pretty good.  


The concert started and just like the AC/DC concert in Germany that I went to
there really aren't words to describe the awesomeness that is AC/DC
The set up was a little different but a lot of the same and the set of songs was a bit different but OMG it was just so awesome.  The energy was a little different in Dallas because it was mainly a more subdued older crowd rather than a really rowdy crowd that was in Germany.  Hendrik loved it and we both had such a good time. 




Angus rocked out solo and again it was just so awesome seeing a rock legend tear it up


AC/DC is one of the most epic rock bands of all time and I'm so pumped that we got to see them again and right before Brian Johnson had to leave the tour because of hearing problems.  I'm guessing this will be probably their last tour and if not then just like the time before these I will be there to rock out!

To read about my other AC/DC concert in 2009 click HERE

Wednesday morning we had a really mediocre and expensive hotel breakfast, grabbed coffee next door and headed out to get groceries at Sams and head home.

Again AC/DC put on an amazing show and Hendrik enjoyed some good down time together experiencing some really new and neat things together.


Keep Rocking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN