Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Book Review: Girl Wash Your Face


Lauren raved about this book while she was reading it.  She even screenshot an entire chapter to me one night LOL!!! She breezed through it and then passed it along to me insisting that I read it.  It sat beside my bathtub for a month or two but when we went to Switzerland last month I knew I had to take it and read it so I could give it back to her.  I breezed through it on the airplane and it was really a good book, for nonfiction. I'm not a nonfiction person but Rachel is so witty and spoke a lot of truths it kept me entertained through the end.  A lot of the chapters were related to being a mother or having children and although I don't fall into either of those categories currently I loved reading those chapters and hopefully feel more prepared for those actual chapters of life one day.  I think that the majority of that book is so spot on to ALL females.  I mean HELLO CHAPTER 7!!!!  I told my mom about it so next the book it traveling to her.  I know I'm probably late to this party as this book was all the rage last year but better late than never with self-improvement .  


Amazon Synopsis:

As the founder of the lifestyle website TheChicSite.com and CEO of her own media company, Rachel Hollis developed an immense online community by sharing tips for better living while fearlessly revealing the messiness of her own life. Now, in this challenging and inspiring new book, Rachel exposes the twenty lies and misconceptions that too often hold us back from living joyfully and productively, lies we’ve told ourselves so often we don’t even hear them anymore.  With painful honesty and fearless humor, Rachel unpacks and examines the falsehoods that once left her feeling overwhelmed and unworthy, and reveals the specific practical strategies that helped her move past them. In the process, she encourages, entertains, and even kicks a little butt, all to convince you to do whatever it takes to get real and become the joyous, confident woman you were meant to be.  With unflinching faith and rock-hard tenacity, Girl, Wash Your Face shows you how to live with passion and hustle--and how to give yourself grace without giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN