Popular Posts

Saturday, September 24, 2016

FINALLY....the Finished Chicken Coop


My unfinished chicken coop had been a fixture in my yard for months and months.....over a year!!  After  I graduated I really wanted to mark off ALL the things on my to do list for around the house and finishing the chicken coop was one of them. Hendrik wasn't going to do it himself and his plan was to have some of the guys that work for us do it, but of course...they are always too busy!  I took it upon myself to ask a good carpenter I happened to know come give me an estimate on a couple outdoor projects. He told me how much and how long it would take him I was like whatever it takes let's finish this bad boy.

A couple weeks after that my coop was finished and all it took was 2 days worth of work.  As soon as it was finished I raced to the feed store which still had chickens and purchased 15.  One of our workers had chicken houses and had some chickens that Pilgrims wouldn't take back because of their color so he brought me 7 of those.  I was off to a great start. 

That following weekend I went to Lowe's and got my boxes, corn flowers, and lavender to make the cutest little flower boxes to go on the front of my coop.  I loved the way it turned out.  Now in September by flowers have burnt and my flower boxes need a couple drainage holes drilled for next year but my coop is still functioning and I couldn't be happier with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN