Popular Posts

Monday, November 26, 2018

Mental Health is Important


Mental health is such a hot topic these days from the abundance of suicides to postpartum moms as well as anything and everything in between mental health deserves to be talked about.  Having a mental weakness or fighting mental battles don't equate crazy, they don't make you a bad wife, parent, or whatever else you are...they are NORMAL parts of life.  With our hectic lifestyles and the stress to DO IT ALL we should all be talking and working on our own mental health. 


Something I do in my down time of driving or when it is quiet in the office and I can listen while I work I have a handful of podcasts that I love to listen to.  A couple that are really informative and bring a lot of women's issues from business to health to the forefront and there are really important conversations had with some really smart people in each field.  Those podcasts are Goop and also Girlboss Radio.  Especially the Goop podcasts really makes you think about a lot of stuff and also helps you feel better about things that go on in every one's life.  Little failures or things you purposely let fail, the idea and image of having it all, and what the pressure of that idea does to a person, the balance of love, life, career etc., as well as self-love and self-care.  

A few of my own mental health struggles are worry and anxiety.  These two things can literally ruin DAYS and weeks of my life when out of control.  Thankfully I have started doing things to help me TRY to manage those two demons as well as identify things that have always helped me manage them.  As I get older and more in the know with issues of womanhood, adulthood, and possible pending motherhood the more I need to learn to manage my stress and anxiety so I can be the best version of myself.


To help sort through and make sure I am in the best possible place for myself, my husband, my career, etc... 

What I do physically to help myself mentally?

~Turning to my husband for help~
~Live a healthy lifestyle with healthy diet and a lot of fitness~
~Counseling~
~Down time with just me to relax, read, run errands, or just do exactly it is I want to do~
~Distance myself from toxic relationships that increased bad mental health issues~
~Listen to podcasts and stay informed~
~Research hot topics that could impact me so I am aware and prepared~

I understand there a lot more troubling and severe problems people have regarding mental health but these are my own personal struggles that are at times detrimental to my state of being.  I hope to get to a point that I don't have to worry about worry LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN