Popular Posts

Monday, March 26, 2012

11/23/63 Review


I finished a GREAT book last week!



Rewind to a few months ago……
I had seen this book on Amazon when it first came out and thought it looked really interesting. It was like a fictional take on nonfiction facts and it was by Stephen King. I didn’t buy it right then because it was pretty expensive (for me) and I had never read Stephen King so I didn’t want to spend my money on a book that I wasn’t totally sure about when there were several others I KNEW I wanted to read.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago……..
Several of the ladies I work with were talking about it and how they are reading it. I read the jacket of it and it sounded like something I would like to read so I broke down and bought it on my Kindle since we could all read it together. (or so I thought) I finished my latest Vampire Diaries book and started in on 11/23/63.

At first it was a tink slow but with all the details and just how different it was Mr. King held my attention. By the time I reached the middle of the 849 page gripper I couldn’t put it down. I was so engrossed in that book last week that I didn’t do any of my homework until the last few hours it was due BUT I finished the book Friday afternoon.

I was so into it I couldn’t get anything accomplished until I finished and knew all the details and how it ended. It was so long I felt very invested in it. Overall the book itself was great and I recommend it to anyone. I haven’t read any other Stephen King books but from what others have said he is sort of a mystery horror type author and this is nothing like that.

The main character, Jake (George) is given a mission and has to go back in time to accomplish it. Along his way he accomplishes his own mission, falls in love, finds the joy in teaching again, and accomplishes his original mission but none of this happens without A LOT of challenge, pain, and heart ache.

If you haven’t read it and were on the fence about it like me…. Then I say come on over it was GREAT! I finally have my life back now that I finished the book and I know Lincoln is happy because not only did I not get my homework done but I didn’t do any laundry or house cleaning all week. LOL J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN